Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Baby Orange Tree/ Hedge Bush Transplant

Attempt at transplanting Orange Trees/ Hedge Bushes
November 7th, 2012. Obama Re-elected and cannabis legalized in CO and OR.


Drainage is key to any functional grow container


Here are the babies I've pulled from under an Orange tree at my dad's house.. I predict maybe 60% will make it... not much root mass on some so we'll see..


The right texture dirt will not stick together even when slightly moist. My premium mix is 1/3 coco fiber (Botanicare 5kg block), 1/3 quality soil (Fox Farm's Happy Frog) and 1/3 native clay soil with some organic matter in it.


Coco fiber has great benefits to soil texture. It can hold more water than dirt, yet does not compact and has a "fluffier" feel to it, which helps with better drainage. Also has hormones that promote healthy root growth.


Here they all are, I'll try and update as we see who makes the Cut this winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment